Our 3.25-acre greenhouse grows lettuce hydroponically using a float bed growing system. It is located in the heart of the City of Cleveland, with the first crop harvested in late February 2013.
The greenhouse will produce about three million heads of lettuce and leafy greens and three hundred thousand pounds of herbs every year.
The leafy greens will be marketed to grocery stores and foodservice companies in Cleveland and to customers within a 150-mile radius around Cleveland.
- Spring or Mesclun Mix
- Varieties and sizes of lettuces in the mixture may be determined by customer
- Baby lettuces
- Butterhead Lettuce
- Curly Lettuce
- Leaf Lettuce – red and green
- Lolla Rosa Lettuce
- Oakleaf Lettuce – red and green
The greenhouse growing system will be able to grow any combination of lettuces, baby lettuces, leafy herbs that the customers require, so the production numbers may vary depending on the type and spacing of the leafy greens in the greenhouse at any time.
The greenhouse will use grow lights throughout the winter so the production numbers will stay consistent throughout the year.
The features of Green City Growers’ leafy greens include:
- Locally-grown fresh lettuce and herbs
- Sustainable growing practices
- Excellent, predictable quality
- Consistent, year-round production
- Product delivered within 48-hours of harvest
- Excellent customer service
- High level of food safety
- Custom varieties and blends
- No transportation damage
- Quality guarantee
Benefits to the customers include
- Little or no shrink
- Longer shelf life
- Safe produce, free of pathogens
- Custom products and mixes
- Custom branding and labeling
- Frequent deliveries
- Positive, strong relationship with the greenhouse company
- Purchasing from a company built on a foundation of Corporate Social Responsibility
Where to buy
Consumers interested in purchasing our living lettuce can find it at:
28560 Miles Rd
Cleveland, OH 44139